Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Zipper and Big Red

I went to the Utah State Fair on Friday night with some friends. I love fairs! I didn't eat all day in anticipation for the thousands of calories and gobs of grease I would consume. I really wanted to ride one of the carnival rides before the fried feast, so we rode the ZIPPER! It was pretty much amazing. Basically you ride in these cages that are attached to an arm similar to a Ferris Wheel. But the cages also flip randomly, which was the best part. I screamed a lot and got really queasy, but it was fantastic. I love being scared out of my mind.

Afterward we found the barns with the pleasantly smelling animals. Great choice after riding the Zipper. As we were walking through, I just kept thinking, I can't believe people are around these big smelling things all day long and enjoy it. I am quite the country girl as you can probably tell. There were some interesting things to see, like Big Red.


He was very well-behaved considering how much fun the little children were having pulling on his horns and trying to climb on his back. I was too scared to touch him, but I think Josh made a new friend.

After seeing the goats, sheep and pigs we went in search of some deep-fried goodness. Josh bought this french fry brick covered in cheese, which was amazing. Then came the funnel cakes. I had Bavarian Cream and chocolate on mine. Heaven! I think we all felt a little sick afterward. Kyle's face says it all.


We ended the night walking through the photography exhibit, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Lots of amazing pictures, though I think some of mine were a lot better. Maybe I will enter something next year.

No comments: