There was quite the storm last night, which left our office with no power this morning. Of course, that left me with nothing to do, so I left and ran some errands. The power wasn’t supposed to be turned on until 10:30 am, but of course Rocky Mountain Power was working hard and was able to restore power just after 9:30 am. Much to my disappointment of course. I had just gotten to Kevin’s office to visit him when I got the call. I did get some things done though and I got paid for it, so that’s nice.
Conference weekend was bliss. Friday night Kevin and I stopped by a wedding reception and then headed up to Salt Lake for his parent’s mission reunion. It was so good to see his parents. They are so cute. His mom made a ton of delicious soup, and I ate more than my share I’m sure. After a moving presentation and cleaning up, we all went back to Kevin’s and chatted for a while. His parents are just so sweet and welcoming.
Saturday morning I stopped off at Shirley’s on the way to Kevin’s to pick up some cinnamon rolls and wheat rolls. SO GOOD! Kevin’s parents stayed for the first part of the morning session and then we spent the rest of the day being lazy, sleeping in between and after the sessions. Kevin went to priesthood and I took advantage of my free time and caught up on some of my shows. When he returned we had to continue his tradition of going out for pizza after Priesthood session. I chose California Pizza Kitchen, one of our favorites. I even ordered a slice of Red Velvet cake. AMAZING!
Sunday was another lazy day. Lots of Conference and lots of napping. We ended up watching Marley and Me and we both bawled like babies. Kevin blames it on being so tired. Yeah, right! ;-)
It rained a lot, and I kind of liked it. Things are cooling off and it really feels like fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment